Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hello, my name is SongBird and I'm an Addict...

I can't throw out craft supplies.

*sigh* Unfortunately, saying it out loud doesn't make it easier to get rid of the stuff.

I find that I'm always surrounded by clutter and chaos. Sometimes this is good - I am always interested in the juxtapositions I find; often I get new ideas from these accidental mixtures.

Unfortunately, the clutter has now taken over and, well, if there's no space in the craft room to actually create, then I have to admit I Have A Problem.

I'm not willing to show you a picture of the disaster that my craft room has become, so I'll just show you pictures of a cute little kit-in-a-tin that I bought in Newburyport, MA. I started on it yesterday at a coffee shop with my friend Kam. It was pretty damned nifty to have a craft in my purse!

It's a bit small (the final product is tiny!), but the image you're supposed to cross stitch is a pair of seahorses.

Here's everything in the kit. It's really well stocked - I'm very pleased.

This is, clearly, not the kit. I saw this man's yoke when we were watching something or another - do you think this is factory made this way, or is this some sewist's hard work? I kind of like the idea that someone put this together and is proud of the unusual look.

Anyway, I'm going to go see about filling two boxes of stuff to donate. *sigh*

SongBird

No comments: