Pages

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Thursday already?

Yesterday we went to a yarn store in Concord. One of Geordie's friends that we're staying with does counted cross stitch. She saw my folding scissors and coveted them, so I stopped into a shop to get her a pair of her very own. I also got some locally spun and sheeped wool, and some local alpaca. Yay.

Then to Lake Winnipesaukee for breakfast. Union Diner is quite good - it's in Paugus Bay. Onward to Center Harbor, where a couple of the larger yarn and fabric companies are based. I'd have taken pictures, but they had signs saying photos weren't allowed. Suffice it to say they were all nice and large. The quilting shop half was more like a very large and well stocked local quilt shop; the knitting store was, well, less interesting. It had commonly available yarns at regular prices. I bought a yardage estimator card and some yarn made from milk.

I know. Milk is a liquid. I got two balls of the Eclipse color. Here's information about how it's made. Cool, huh?

I got fabricy things at the quilt half of the company. I got some fat quarters of fabric, some die cut pieces (I got butterflies and some pre-cut hexies) and a couple bags of pre-cut 10" squares.

I'll take pictures tonight to show you everything.

SongBird

No comments: