Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

I've been doing a lot, and even taking pictures, but not posting about them.

Wearing daisies always makes everything better.

Many of the things I've been up to are small, and somehow it seems pointless to post just to say that yes, I've put off the laundry again, and I've finished one small bit of embroidery, and the teenager is being, well, a teenager (and therefor annoying), and in other (non) news, I've been cycling several times a week and not lost any weight.

Which sucks.


My daughter, who's 17 and variously stroppy in random ways and at random times, has mastered the art of the Passive Aggressive Note:

I think I should be proud of her. What do you think?

I've been practicing with my spinning wheel -



I also finished a handmade book with felted cover for a friend in Australia! I enjoyed the sewing, and now I want to make one for myself.



I also made her a scalloped garland - I do hope she likes the bright colors. I know I do - I'm certainly making several more for myself.


My backyard has started to produce pretty things! I planted the bulbs for these a couple of months ago. I also have an amaryllis, and some daffodils.



One of my pairs of jeans got a hole in the knee, so I made some cute half-inch hexes and put them on. I thought they needed something to balance them out, so I put two on the other side, up near the pocket.



So, since I'm hungry and I haven't eaten much today, I'm going to go see if I can find my kitchen. I'm sure it's where the dishes are - maybe I'll even get some of them washed. The question is, will I get them washed and then forget to eat again? I'll leave you to ponder that and gaze at the pretty, springlike daisies I've found everywhere.


SongBird

No comments: