Pages

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Swamped

I haven't done much creating this week.  I've been overwhelmed with cleaning and organizing.  

A friend is coming to stay for a couple of days, and the spare bedroom is the craft room as well.  She won't mind some clutter, but currently, the bed in the room is, well, covered in non-bed things.  Like, you know, cut quilt pieces and some boxes of, erm, stuff.  I've spent lots of time in the room trying to get organized, but it's gone slowly.

This is compounded by the fact that we're going away for a week, starting tomorrow night.  We'll be back on the 10th, but she's coming the night of the 12th and I'm not sure I'll be ready.

However, I've found several projects in the room that were one task or row from being finished, so I've made sure to <i>finish them</i> instead of just setting them aside.  I've managed two crocheted tawashi scrubbers, a felted pillow cover, and several other small things.  It feels really good to have finished something!

Right now, I'm sewing snaps onto a sweater, so the buttons I love, which are too big for the holes, can be sewn over the holes and I can still close the sweater.  It's a sweater that I got for about 4 bucks at Goodwill, years ago.  It was an awful, boring, ugly beige, but it didn't matter, because it was wool and I just needed something warm.  Recently, I dyed it a pretty dark olive - it's quite nice now.  The dye left it a bit splotchy, but I like the way the swirls and speckles look.  I'm putting loads of time and effort into it, but it's going to end up my favorite sweater, I can tell!

Once I'm done with the snaps, though, I'm going back upstairs to start boxing up the craft supplies I don't have time to sort and store correctly.  I've been trying to actually go through the supplies and organize them rather than just boxing them up willy-nilly, but I think it's time to just hurry up and box.  *sigh*

I've tried to add some pictures to this post - I've taken several pictures while I've been out running errands, but it keeps telling me the server is rejecting my pictures.  I'll figure that out soon, I promise.

SongBird

No comments: