Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Catching Up

I finished the Dollar Coin quilt.  I chose to use bright colors for the quilting lines; red, yellow, and blue.  I also made the binding from two greeny-brown fabrics.  I used a tutorial I found here, on Stop Staring and Start Sewing, a great blog, filled with funny and inspiring things.

Anyway, on to the pictures!

 
See my Kitty Helper there, in the back, inspecting?
  
The irregularities and mistakes are clear here, but I'm happy to have finished it.  I've already used it several mornings in a row.  I get up early to make tea for my Geordie as he leaves for work, then I nap on the couch until it's time for my daughter to leave.  I spread the quilt down on the couch, then wrap up in a thick, plush polyester blanket we got as a Christmas gift.  I'm sure we'll use it lots over the years.
 
And this is an accurate image of what my sewing surface looks like.  Sewing, colors, computer and coffee.

***

I also sewed a garland I've wanted for a long time - the Scalloped Fabric Garland.  The tutorial is here.  I have it wrapped around the banister - I'll take a picture tomorrow and try to post it then as well.  *facepalm*

Anyway, I think I want to work on making miniature books tomorrow.  I have lots of patterns and books about it - I really like making them.  I made two quick ones for my family for Valentine's Day (I should take pictures of those as well, huh?), but I'd like to go back to making more complicated book forms.

I worked on a skirt today, then had to pull it all apart.  It ended up too tight at the hem where I added the ruffle.  I don't mind so much that it was snug around my bottom, but if I can't walk, I can't wear the skirt, so it's all to pieces again on my sewing table.  Argh.

Anyway, it's late and I think it's time to make lunch for Geordie for tomorrow.

Bye!

SongBird

No comments: