Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Calm Friday

So, Geordie's car's water pump sprung a leak last weekend. He and his friend Eric are going to spend this weekend pulling the front end of the car off and fixing the water pump - and everything else in there. I've heard things like 'timing belt' and 'front snub mounts' and just smiled and nodded.

It's not that I'm not technical, it's that I don't have the beginner knowledge to make their high-level discussion even make sense.

My contribution to this weekend's extravaganza will be the ample provision of food, baked goods and delicious drink. Eric has specific foods he doesn't like to eat (all dairy - ALL dairy, and no red meat), so I'm going to have to work out how to bake without using any butter.

I asked a friend, who looked at me like I was a complete dimwit and said, "Margarine?".

*facepalm*

Right. It's been so long since I've used anything except Real Butter that I'd sort of forgotten that a traditional subsitute exists. I'd been thinking that using solid vegetable shortening would taste awful.

I'm thinking of making this - I hope it'll taste okay even with margarine.  I love lemon pound cake.

SongBird

No comments: